My name is Amy Imdieke, and I’m the newest member of the Gaslight Creative team. Actually, today is my fourth day on the job. My first day involved a pizza party and bowling with the Gaslight crew, so needless to say, I think I’m going to like it here!
I’ve worn many hats in my life with different jobs ranging from Dairy Queen employee to a Carpenter and Mason in the US Army. Thanks to these different career paths, my life has been filled with a variety of experiences. I can honestly say that nothing has been more fulfilling than being in the creative field. It’s great to work alongside like-minded, artistic and fun individuals on a daily basis. I love the collaboration that occurs between team members in a creative environment, and I’m beyond excited to be a part of the Gaslight Team.
One of my weird quirks is that I’m a list maker. Seriously, I make one to-do list everyday and maybe two or three if I feel the need. I do believe I almost single-handedly keep 3M in business.
So, in the spirit of list making, here are 5 things people might not know about me:
• I have a twin sister and she is an artist, as well.
• One of my passions is hula hoop dancing – I think a lot of my friends know this especially since I keep hula hoops in the trunk of my car at all times just in case the mood strikes.
• I’m an adventurous eater – or at least I thought that was the case until I took a trip to China.
• I couldn’t live without music. If my life was set to music, I’d like the soundtrack to be written by the talented Glen Hansard.
• I was in the National Enquirer – the Feb. 2004 edition with Martha Stewart going to jail on the main cover.
As I sign off, I’d like to share something I’ve kept with me since college. It’s called an Incomplete Manifesto for Growth by Bruce Mau. It rings as true to me now as it did back then and is always a good source of inspiration.
And now I am going to check “Write Gaslight blog post” off my to-do list.